Wednesday 5 December 2018, London.
With Keynote Addresses by SIR JAMES MUNBY (former President of the Family Division of the High Court of England and Wales) and SALLY CHESHIRE (Chair of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority)
See https://www.progress.org.uk/conference2018 for details including attendance fees and how to book your place.
- SOCIETY MARCHES ON: KEY SOCIAL CHANGES
- SCIENCE MARCHES ON: KEY SCIENTIFIC DEVELOPMENTS
- A PATCHWORK OF POLICIES: ASSISTED CONCEPTION AND EMBRYO RESEARCH IN EUROPE
- THE FUTURE OF FERTILITY LAW: WHAT MUST CHANGE AND WHEN?
Confirmed speakers and chairs include:
- DR KATHY NIAKAN (Group Leader of the Francis Crick Institute‘s Human Embryo and Stem Cell Laboratory, and the first researcher licensed by the UK regulator to edit the genomes of human embryos)
- BARONESS RUTH DEECH (Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords)
- PROFESSOR JOHN HARRIS (Emeritus Professor of Bioethics at the University of Manchester, and author of books including Enhancing Evolution: The Ethical Case for Making Better People and How to Be Good: The Possibility of Moral Enhancement)
- PROFESSOR EMILY JACKSON (Professor of Law at the London School of Economics and Political Science)
- DR ANDY GREENFIELD (Programme Leader in Mammalian Sexual Development at MRC Harwell)
- BARBARA CONNOLLY QC (Barrister at 7 Bedford Row)
- PROFESSOR CHRISTIAN DE GEYTER (Chair of ESHRE‘s European IVF Monitoring Steering Committee)
- PROFESSOR ELLIE LEE (Director of the University of Kent‘s Centre for Parenting Culture Studies)
- JAMES LAWFORD DAVIES (Partner at Hempsons)
- NATALIE GAMBLE (Founder of Natalie Gamble Associates and of Brilliant Beginnings)
- TIM CHILD (Medical Director of Oxford Fertility)
- SATU RAUTAKALLIO-HOKKANEN (Chair of Fertility Europe)
- DR EVAN HARRIS (former MP who scrutinised the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008)
- ERIKA TRANFIELD (Director of Pride Angel)
- NATALIE SMITH (Chair of Surrogacy UK‘s Working Group on Surrogacy Law Reform)
- PROFESSOR ROBERT SPACZYNSKI (Vice President of the Polish Society of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians)
- DR KYLIE BALDWIN (Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Health at De Montfort University)
- DR ROGER HIGHFIELD (Director of External Affairs at the Science Museum Group)
- FIONA FOX (Chair of Trustees at the Progress Educational Trust and Chief Executive of the Science Media Centre)
- SARAH NORCROSS (Director of the Progress Educational Trust)
The conference is supported by the Anne McLaren Memorial Trust Fund, the Edwards and Steptoe Research Trust Fund and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (silver sponsors), and by Ferring Pharmaceuticals, the European Sperm Bank, JMW Solicitors, the London Women’s Clinic and Vitrolife (bronze sponsors).