Wellcome Collection, 183 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE, UK
Applications to be received by 11:59pm on 19 Jan 2018
Interview Timing: 5th and 6th February 2018
Education & Qualifications: You will hold a postgraduate degree in humanities, bioethics or social science
Appointment Type: Permanent, full-time
Division: Culture and Society
Sub Department: Humanities & Social Science
Salary Range: £38,000
About the job
We are looking for a Humanities and Social Science Portfolio Developer to play a key role in developing and managing a portfolio of grants that ranges across fields such as history, bioethics, anthropology, and sociology.
The objective of Wellcome’s HSS team is to improve health through the best research in humanities and social science. We support the creation of knowledge and development strong research ecosystems while demonstrating the value of humanities and social science research.
Through multiple funding schemes, we support innovative research that changes our understanding of health and diseases.
In this role, you will contribute to the development and execution of strategic outreach and partnership initiatives; develop a high-quality grant portfolio; and manage internal and external stakeholder in academic and non-academic contexts.
• cultivate relationships with research communities
• contribute to the exploration and assessment of the academic quality of knowledge produced through HSS grants
• work with colleagues to identify opportunities to fund HSS innovative research that can support Wellcome’s priorities
• convene meetings that will shape the development of diverse research fields
• contribute to grant-making activity
• develop a profound understanding of our portfolio
Further information here.