Philosophers have contributed to a group post on the Daily Nous prompted by the sudden steep hikes in the price of some pharmaceuticals in the US.
- Nicole Hassoun (Binghamton University) – New Incentive Structures for Pharmaceutical Companies Can Save Lives
- Samia Hurst (University of Geneva) – What Justifies Pharmaceutical Profit-Making?
- Chris MacDonald (Ryerson University) – We Lack a Clear Theory of Just Pricing
- Jeremy Snyder (Simon Fraser University) – Why It’s Price Gouging, and why It’s Wrong
- Marcel Verweij (Wageningen University) – Let Shkreli Pay the Price for his “Altruism”
- Danielle Wenner (Carnegie Mellon University) – Fairness Demands More than the Absence of Coercion
- Matt Zwolinski (University of San Diego) – OK, So Maybe Not All Price Gouging is Morally Permissible
Go here to read on: Philosophers On Drug Prices.