4th June, 2015, University College London
Valuing Health: Well-being, Freedom and Suffering
This one day conference is devoted to Dan Hausman’s newly published book Valuing Health: Well-being, Freedom and Suffering. A team of commentators, and the author himself, will address themes raised by the book, including:
- Definitions of health, and why they matter;
- The relationship between health and well-being;
- The contribution of phenomenology to understanding and evaluating health states;
- How to measure health for public policy purposes;
- Justice in the allocation of scarce health resources.
Speakers include Dan Hausman (Wisconsin), Anna Alexandra (Cambridge), Havi Carel (Bristol),Elselijn Kingma (Southampton), Erik Nord (Norwegian Institute of Public Health), Adam Oliver (LSE), Alex Voorhoeve (LSE), and James Wilson (UCL).
This event is free. For further information and to register go here.