The main topic for the 2015 workshop will be Ethics in Epidemics, with a special focus on the involvement of military actors. We invite papers on topics addressing general ethical questions faced during epidemics such as Ebola, as well as from the list of topics below.
- The duty to treat
- Ethical aspects of the use of experimental treatment and research during epidemics
- Ethical justifications for infection management and containment measures such as forced treatment, and quarantine
- Presentation of recent case reports or case studies
- The involvement of military actors
- Principles associated with the allocation of scarce or limited resources
Please send your paper proposals/abstracts together with a short bibliography via email to email@example.com no later than 11th January 2015.