‘Salary: £46,071 pro rata plus excellent benefits
Salary Band: A2
Contract Type: 2 years fixed term – Part-time 17 hours p/week
The House of Commons Library’s research and information service provides a specialist impartial information and briefing service for MPs, their staff, committees and staff of the House. There are eight subject teams, each comprising of subject specialist researchers and a resource team.
Focussing on subjects in the Science and Environment section, specifically medical and health topics, the post holder will prepare accurate, impartial, clear and fit-for-purpose responses, orally and in writing, to requests for information and analysis from Members of Parliament and their staff, providing briefings and talks on legislation and topical issues in response to, or in anticipation of, Members’ needs.
The post holder will have:
- Experience of working in medicine (or a closely related field) and building strong working relationships with key external specialists
- Experience of writing clear and accurate text, which may be of a complex nature, to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of presenting views clearly and authoritatively
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to identify and adapt to changing priorities, whilst working under pressure to achieve individual and departmental objectives
Candidates must have a first or upper second class degree, or a postgraduate degree (ideally, in the field of medicine or a closely related subject).
- annual leave starting at 28 days pro rata
- interest-free season ticket loan
- child care voucher scheme
- discounted membership of the in-house gym
Apply online, or to request an application pack in the post, please write to:
Hays Public Services
23 Lower Belgrave Street
London SW1W ONT
Or email: Houseofcommons [at] hays.com
If you have any technical queries or questions please call: 020 7259 8744
Closing date: 23 January 2013
Reference Number: D10047′